(1) Every dwelling unit regulated under ORS chapter 90, every lodging house and every hotel guest room shall contain an approved and properly functioning smoke alarm or smoke detector, installed in accordance with the state building code and rules of the State Fire Marshal.
(2) A hotel shall provide no fewer than one smoke alarm for persons who are hard of hearing and one door knock device for each 75, or fraction thereof, rooms of the hotel that are regularly used for sleeping.
(3) If a person renting a room in a hotel requests a room with a smoke detector or a smoke alarm for persons who are hard of hearing and a door knock device, the landlord shall:
(a) Install a portable smoke alarm for persons who are hard of hearing and a door knock device; or
(b) Provide the person with a room in which a smoke detector or smoke alarm for persons who are hard of hearing and a door knock device have been permanently installed.
(4) The landlord may require a guest to pay a refundable deposit if the landlord provides the smoke alarm for persons who are hard of hearing under subsection (3)(a) of this section.
(5) A hotel shall provide a printed notice of the requirements of subsection (3) of this section, posted conspicuously at the place of registration or in each guest room. [1979 c.642 §2; 1989 c.247 §2; 1999 c.307 §2; 2007 c.70 §273]Section: Previous 479.195 479.200 479.210 479.215 479.217 479.220 479.250 479.255 479.257 479.258 479.260 479.265 479.270 479.275 479.280 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008