If the corporation is not formed for the purpose of operating the business for profit either to the corporation or its members other than from the benefits to accrue from the improvements and operation and maintenance hereinafter named, it may be further stated in the articles of incorporation that:
(1) The proposed improvement is for sanitary or agricultural purposes or both and that the proposed improvement will be conducive to the public health or welfare or public utility or benefit.
(2) The benefits of the proposed improvement will exceed the damage to be done and that the best interests of the land therein described and of the owners of such land as a whole and of the public at large will be promoted by the formation and proposed improvement and operation of such district.
(3) The formation of a corporate district under the provisions of ORS 554.005 to 554.340 is a proper and advantageous method of accomplishing the improvement and protection of the lands described therein.
(4) All revenue and income of such corporation, from whatsoever source, shall be received, held, used and expended exclusively for payment of the cost and expense of the improvements and the maintenance of same and the payment of indebtedness, interest, cost and expense of the corporation incurred therefor, and for the operation, maintenance and necessary expense of such corporation in the conduct of its business for the purposes thereof as stated in the articles of incorporation according to law.
(5) Neither the corporation nor its members shall profit from the business of the corporation other than from the benefits of improvement of the land for which the corporation is formed.
(6) It is the intention and desire of all persons owning or having any interest in any of the described lands to organize such corporation as a public corporation of Oregon under the provisions of ORS 554.005 to 554.340 with the rights and privileges of a public corporation, by the unanimous voluntary consent of all persons.
(7) For the purpose named, all the landowners and persons having any interest in any of the lands do consent and join in such corporation by subscribing their respective names thereto.Section: Previous 554.016 554.017 554.018 554.019 554.020 554.030 554.040 554.050 554.060 554.070 554.080 554.082 554.084 554.086 554.088 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008