As used in ORS 624.310 to 624.430 unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Approved” means approved by the administrator.
(2) “Commissary” means commissary catering establishment, restaurant or any other place in which food, beverage, ingredients, containers or supplies are kept, handled, prepared or stored, and from which vending machines or mobile units are serviced.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Human Services.
(4) “Director” means the Director of Human Services.
(5) “Employee” means any operator or any person employed by an operator who handles any food, beverage, or ingredient to be dispensed through vending machines or mobile units, or who comes into contact with product contact surfaces of the container, equipment, utensils or packaging materials, used in connection with vending machines or mobile unit operations, or who otherwise services or maintains one or more such machines or units.
(6) “Food” means any raw, cooked or processed edible substance, beverage or ingredient used or intended for use in whole, or in part, for human consumption.
(7) “Machine location” means the room, enclosure, space or area where one or more vending machines are installed and are in operation.
(8) “Mobile unit” means any vehicle on which food is prepared, processed or converted or which is used in selling and dispensing food to the ultimate consumer.
(9) “Operator” means any person, who by contract, agreement or ownership is responsible for operating a commissary or warehouse or furnishing, installing, servicing, operating or maintaining one or more vending machines or mobile units.
(10) “Person” means any individual, partnership, corporation, company, firm, institution, association or any other public or private entity.
(11) “Product contact surface” means any surface of the vending machine or mobile unit, appurtenance or container which comes into direct contact with any food, beverage or ingredient.
(12) “Readily perishable food” means any food, beverage or ingredient consisting in whole or in part of milk, milk products, eggs, meat, fish, poultry, or any other food capable of supporting rapid and progressive growth of microorganisms which can cause food infections or food intoxications. However, “readily perishable food” does not include products in hermetically sealed containers processed by heat to prevent spoilage or dehydrated, dry or powdered products which are so low in moisture content as to preclude development of microorganisms.
(13) “Single-service article” means any utensil, container, implement or wrapper intended for use only once in the preparation, storage, display, service or consumption of food or beverage.
(14) “Utensil” means any kitchenware, tableware, glassware, cutlery, container, cleaning brush or other equipment that comes into contact with food or product contact surfaces during cleaning of vending machines, mobile units or commissary equipment, or during storage, preparation, serving, dispensing or consumption of food.
(15) “Vending machine” means any self-service device offered for public use which, upon insertion of a coin, coins, currency or token, or by other means, dispenses unit servings of food or beverage, either in bulk or package, without the necessity of replenishing the device between each vending operation.
(16) “Warehouse” means any place where food, utensils, single-service articles, cleaning or servicing supplies for vending machines, mobile units or commissaries are stored. [1963 c.575 §1; 1973 c.825 §13; 1975 c.792 §2; 2001 c.900 §212; 2001 c.975 §5]Section: Previous 624.110 624.111 624.116 624.120 624.121 624.130 624.165 624.310 624.320 624.330 624.340 624.350 624.360 624.370 624.380 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008