(1) Each refrigerated locker plant wherein food is handled, wrapped or processed shall have available, and maintain in a clean, healthful and sanitary condition, a washroom with hot and cold running water.
(2) Each refrigerated room with a temperature below 30 degrees Fahrenheit, if used by the public or accessible to locker renters, shall be equipped with safety light or lights burning continuously during all times when the plant is open and so located as to assure easy exit from the refrigerated room. Switches for safety lights shall be so located or installed that the public cannot regulate their “on” and “off” positions.
(3) Each refrigerated room with a temperature below 12 degrees Fahrenheit, if used by the public or accessible to locker renters, shall be equipped with a distress signal, plainly marked as such for use by patrons. The distress signal alarm may be located at a place outside the locker plant. The refrigerated room shall be accessible to the public only at such times as an attendant is within hearing distance of the distress signal alarm. The distress signal when activated shall perform continuously until arrested by a second operation. The distress signal shall produce a distinctive sound capable of being heard and distinguished by an attendant from any other signal. The operator of the locker room or the employee of the operator shall test the distress signal on each day on which the public has access to the refrigerated room.
(4) Subsection (3) of this section does not apply if an operating extension telephone, plainly marked for use by patrons as a distress signal, is located inside the refrigerated room at a convenient height not to exceed four feet above floor level.
(5) All refrigerator doors shall be so constructed as to be opened from either the inside or outside of any room or compartment to which they give access, and shall be so maintained as to assure that such doors will open freely at all times.
(6) All machinery or other devices dangerous to the public shall be adequately covered and guarded to protect locker room tenants against injury. [Amended by 1955 c.174 §2]Section: Previous 628.220 628.230 628.240 628.250 628.260 628.270 628.280 628.290 628.300 628.310 628.320 628.330 628.340 628.350 628.360 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008