As used in ORS 646A.010 to 646A.020:
(1) “Accommodations” means the provision of land, sea or air transportation or a combination of transportation and any goods and services sold in conjunction with that transportation, including but not limited to lodging, meals and entertainment.
(2) “Adequate financial security” means a bond executed by an authorized surety insurer or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution as defined in ORS 706.008 for the benefit of every person for whom services have not been delivered by the wrongful act of the seller of travel acting in the course and scope of the seller’s occupation or business or by any official, agent or employee of the seller acting in the course or scope of that person’s employment or agency. The financial security shall be in an amount not less than $10,000. The financial security shall be continuous until canceled and shall remain in full force and unimpaired at all times to comply with this subsection. If the financial security is a bond, the surety insurer shall give the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services at least 30 days’ written notice before it cancels or terminates its liability under the bond.
(3) “Consumer” means a person in Oregon that purchases accommodations and on whose behalf money or other consideration has been given to another, including another member of the same partnership, corporation, joint venture, association, organization, group or other entity, for procuring accommodations.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(5) “Director” means the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(6) “Seller of travel” or “seller” means a person that sells, provides, furnishes, contracts for, arranges or advertises in this state that the person can or may arrange or has arranged accommodations either separately or in conjunction with other services.
(7) “State of Oregon certified association” or “certified association” means an association of sellers of travel that has been certified by the director as described in ORS 646A.016. [Formerly 646.185]Section: 646A.010 646A.012 646A.014 646A.016 646A.018 646A.020 646A.030 646A.032 646A.034 646A.036 646A.038 646A.040 646A.042 646A.050 646A.052 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008