(1) There is hereby created a Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators in the Department of Human Services.
(2) The board shall be composed of nine individuals concerned with the care and treatment of the chronically ill or infirm elderly patients and shall be appointed by the Governor after consultation with the associations and societies appropriate to the professions and institutions:
(a) Three members shall be nursing home administrators licensed under ORS 678.710 to 678.780, 678.800 to 678.840 and 678.990 (2);
(b) One a medical doctor licensed by the Oregon Medical Board actively engaged in private practice and conversant with the care and treatment of the long-term patient;
(c) One licensed professional nurse actively engaged in caring for chronically ill and infirm patients and licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing;
(d) Three members representative of the public at large, at least one of whom shall be at least 62 years of age;
(e) A pharmacist licensed by the State Board of Pharmacy; and
(f) Except for those persons described in paragraph (a) of this subsection, no member of the board shall have a direct financial interest in a nursing home.
(3) All members of the board shall be citizens of the United States or shall have declared their intent to become citizens of the United States and shall be residents of this state. No more than two of the members of the board may be officials or full-time employees of state or local governments.
(4) The term of office of each member is three years but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment but no member shall serve more than two consecutive terms. If there is a vacancy for any cause the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) All appointments of members of the board by the Governor are subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner provided in ORS 171.562 and 171.565.
(6) The members of the board are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495.
(7) No public members of the board shall hold any pecuniary interest in, or have any employment contract with, a long term care facility. [1971 c.663 §3; 1973 c.58 §2; 1973 c.792 §35; 1975 c.234 §1; 1979 c.500 §1]Section: Previous 678.730 678.740 678.750 678.760 678.770 678.775 678.780 678.790 678.800 678.810 678.820 678.825 678.830 678.840 678.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008