It shall be the function of the Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators to:
(1) Develop, impose and enforce standards which shall be met by individuals in order to receive and retain a license as a nursing home administrator, which standards shall be designed to insure that nursing home administrators will be individuals who are qualified by training or experience in the field of long-term health care administration to serve as nursing home administrators.
(2) Develop and apply appropriate techniques, including examinations and investigations for determining whether an individual meets such standards, if examinations are reviewed periodically to insure validity.
(3) Issue licenses to individuals determined after application of such techniques, to meet such standards, and subject to ORS chapter 183 impose any of the sanctions set out in ORS 678.780 where the individual holding any such license is determined substantially to have failed to conform to the requirements of such standards.
(4) Establish and carry out procedures designed to insure that individuals licensed as nursing home administrators will, during any period that they serve as such, comply with the requirements of such standards.
(5) Receive, investigate and take appropriate action with respect to any charge or complaint filed with the board in writing, charging that any individual licensed as a nursing home administrator has failed to comply with the requirements of such standards.
(6) Conduct a continuing study and investigation of nursing homes and administrators of nursing homes within the state with a view to the improvement of standards imposed for the licensing of such administrators and the procedures and methods for the enforcement of such standards with respect to administrators of nursing homes who have been licensed as such.
(7) Encourage qualified educational institutions and other qualified organizations to establish, provide, conduct and continue such training and instruction courses and programs as will enable all otherwise qualified individuals to meet requirements established under ORS 678.710 to 678.780, 678.800 to 678.840 and 678.990 (2).
(8) Approve courses and programs conducted within or without the state as sufficient to meet education and training requirements established pursuant to ORS 678.710 to 678.780, 678.800 to 678.840 and 678.990 (2) and advise the appropriate state agencies regarding receipt and administration of such federal funds as are made available for such purposes.
(9) In accordance with ORS 183.330, adopt, amend and repeal rules which are necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 678.710 to 678.780, 678.800 to 678.840 and 678.990 (2).
(10) Maintain a register of all licensed nursing home administrators. [1971 c.663 §5; 1985 c.47 §5; 1995 c.79 §343]Section: Previous 678.730 678.740 678.750 678.760 678.770 678.775 678.780 678.790 678.800 678.810 678.820 678.825 678.830 678.840 678.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008