(1) On or before January 30 of each even-numbered year, or on or before such date as may be specified by rule of the State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, each licensed speech-language pathologist or audiologist shall submit to the board an application for renewal of license and pay the renewal fee established by the board. The application shall include the following:
(a) Evidence of participation in professional development. Participation in professional development includes continuing education or other demonstrations of professional development that the board may recognize by rule.
(b) Evidence of compliance with all other requirements established by the board.
(2) A person who applies for renewal and whose license has expired may not be required to submit to any examination as a condition to renewal if the renewal application is made within four years from the date of expiration of the license.
(3) A suspended license is subject to expiration and must be renewed as provided in this section, but renewal does not entitle the licensee while the license remains suspended to engage in the licensed activity, or in any other activity or conduct that violates the order or judgment by which the license was suspended.
(4) A license revoked on disciplinary grounds is subject to expiration and may not be renewed. If the license is reinstated after its expiration, the licensee, as a condition of reinstatement, shall pay a reinstatement fee in an amount equal to the renewal fee in effect on the last preceding regular renewal date before the date on which it is reinstated, plus a delinquency fee, if any, accrued at the time of revocation of the license.
(5) A person who fails to renew a license within the four years after its expiration may not renew the license. The license may not be restored, reissued or reinstated thereafter, but the person may reapply for and obtain a new license if the person meets the requirements of this chapter and rules adopted by the board. [Formerly 694.405; 1993 c.472 §1; 1995 c.147 §1; 1995 c.280 §12a; 2005 c.698 §10; 2007 c.768 §45]Section: Previous 681.260 681.264 681.270 681.280 681.290 681.300 681.310 681.320 681.325 681.330 681.340 681.350 681.360 681.365 681.370 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008