(1) Each county shall develop a plan for the county or two or more contiguous counties may develop a plan relating to the need for and coordination of ambulance services and establish one or more ambulance service areas consistent with the plan for the efficient and effective provision of ambulance services.
(2) Each person, city or rural fire protection district within the county that provides or desires to provide ambulance services shall notify the county in writing if the person, city or district wants to be consulted prior to the adoption or amendment of a county plan for ambulance services.
(3) Prior to adopting or amending a plan under subsection (1) of this section, a county shall notify each person, city or district that notified the county under subsection (2) of this section of its desire to be consulted. The county governing body shall consult with and seek advice from such persons, cities and districts with regard to the plan and to the boundaries of any ambulance service areas established under the plan. After such consultation, the county shall adopt or amend a plan in the same manner as the county enacts nonemergency ordinances.
(4) Any plan developed and any service area established pursuant to subsection (1) of this section shall be submitted to the Department of Human Services.
(5) The department, in consultation with the appropriate bodies specified in subsection (1) of this section, shall adopt rules pursuant to ORS chapter 183 that specify those subjects to be addressed and considered in any plan for ambulance services and areas under subsection (1) of this section and those subjects to be addressed and considered in the adoption of any such plan. The rules shall be uniform, as far as practicable, but take into consideration unique circumstances of local districts.
(6) The department shall review a plan submitted under subsection (4) of this section for compliance with the rules of the department adopted under subsection (5) of this section. Not later than 60 days after receiving the plan, the department shall approve the plan if it complies with the rules or disapprove the plan. The department shall give written notice of such action to the county and, when a plan is not approved, the notice shall indicate specifically how the plan does not comply with the rules of the department. The county shall modify the plan to comply with the rules and shall submit the modified plan to the department for review under this subsection.
(7) The rules adopted under subsection (5) of this section shall be enforceable by the department in a proceeding in circuit court for equitable relief.
(8) This section does not require a county to establish more than one ambulance service area within the county. [Formerly 682.205]Section: Previous 682.045 682.047 682.050 682.051 682.055 682.056 682.060 682.062 682.063 682.065 682.066 682.068 682.070 682.071 682.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008