(1) A license issued by the Oregon Health Licensing Agency for a direct entry midwife shall expire after one year. The agency shall renew a license upon receipt of the renewal application and fee and proof of current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification for infants and adults, if the applicant is otherwise in compliance with the rules adopted by the State Board of Direct Entry Midwifery and the agency.
(2) The agency shall establish a procedure for the renewal of licenses. Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the agency may vary the renewal date of a license by giving the applicant written notice of the renewal date being assigned and by making prorated adjustments to the renewal fee.
(3) The board shall prescribe requirements for license renewal including, but not limited to, continuing education that must include training in use of legend drugs and devices. In addition to continuing education requirements, a midwife who has attended fewer than five births in the previous year shall be required to take an additional 10 hours of continuing education as prescribed by the board. All licensing requirements shall be approved by the board by rule.
(4) Any license that is not renewed shall automatically revert to inactive status. The license may be reactivated only if the license holder meets other qualifications for reactivation as prescribed by the agency in consultation with the board.
(5) The agency may mail a notice of renewal to the last-known address of the license holder. [1993 c.362 §9; 2001 c.53 §5; 2001 c.274 §3; 2001 c.462 §4; 2003 c.547 §21; 2005 c.648 §34]Section: Previous 687.230 687.240 687.250 687.405 687.410 687.415 687.420 687.425 687.430 687.435 687.440 687.445 687.450 687.455 687.470 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008