(1) The certification of a hemodialysis technician may be denied, suspended or revoked in accordance with the provisions of ORS chapter 183 for any of the following:
(a) Failure to complete continuing education requirements.
(b) The use of fraud or deception in receiving a certificate.
(c) Habitual or excessive use of intoxicants or drugs.
(d) The presence of a mental disorder that demonstrably affects a technicianís performance, as certified by two psychiatrists retained by the Department of Human Services.
(e) Conviction of a criminal offense that the department considers reasonably related to the fitness of the person to practice hemodialysis.
(f) Suspension or revocation of a hemodialysis technician certificate issued by another state.
(g) Gross negligence or repeated negligence in rendering hemodialysis care.
(h) Any reason identified by department rule as rendering the applicant unfit to perform the duties of a hemodialysis technician.
(2) The department may investigate any evidence that appears to show that a hemodialysis technician certified by the department is or may be medically incompetent or is or may be guilty of unprofessional or dishonorable conduct or is or may be mentally or physically unable to safely function as a hemodialysis technician.
(3) Any dialysis facility or center, any hemodialysis technician certified under ORS 688.650, any physician licensed under ORS chapter 677 or any registered nurse licensed under ORS 678.010 to 678.410 shall report to the department any information the person may have that appears to show that a hemodialysis technician is or may be medically incompetent or is or may be guilty of unprofessional or dishonorable conduct or is or may be mentally or physically unable to safely function as a hemodialysis technician.
(4) Information provided to the department pursuant to this section is confidential and shall not be subject to public disclosure, nor shall it be admissible as evidence in any judicial proceeding.
(5) Any person who reports or provides information to the department under this section and who provides information in good faith shall not be subject to an action for civil damage as a result thereof. [1997 c.580 §7]Section: Previous 688.605 688.625 688.630 688.635 688.640 688.645 688.650 688.655 688.660 688.665 688.700 688.701 688.705 688.707 688.709 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008