(1) The Department of Human Services may discipline a person certified as a hemodialysis technician who has:
(a) Admitted the facts of a complaint alleging the person is guilty of violation of one or more of the grounds for suspension or revocation of a certificate as set forth in ORS 688.655.
(b) Been found guilty in accordance with ORS chapter 183 of violation of one or more of the grounds for suspension or revocation of certification as set forth in ORS 688.655.
(2) In disciplining a technician, the department may use any or all of the following methods:
(a) Suspend judgment.
(b) Place the technician on probation.
(c) Suspend the technicianís certificate.
(d) Revoke the technicianís certificate.
(e) Place limitations on the ability of the technician to practice hemodialysis in this state.
(f) Take such other disciplinary action as the department in its discretion finds proper, including assessment of the costs of the disciplinary proceedings, not to exceed $1,000, as a civil penalty or assessment of a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000.
(3) In addition to the action authorized by subsection (2) of this section, the department may temporarily suspend a certificate or license without a hearing, simultaneously with the commencement of proceedings under ORS chapter 183, if the department finds that evidence in its possession indicates that a continuation in practice of the technician constitutes an immediate danger to the public.
(4) If the department places a technician on probation, the department may determine, and may at any time modify, the conditions of the probation and may include among them any reasonable condition for the purpose of protection of the public and for the purpose of the rehabilitation of the technician. Upon expiration of the term of probation, further proceedings shall be abated if the technician has complied with the terms of the probation.
(5) Civil penalties under this section shall be imposed as provided in ORS 183.745. [1997 c.580 §8]Section: Previous 688.625 688.630 688.635 688.640 688.645 688.650 688.655 688.660 688.665 688.700 688.701 688.705 688.707 688.709 688.715 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008