The Oregon Health Licensing Agency is granted authority to carry out the following duties:
(1) Adopt rules that are necessary to conduct business, carry out duties and administer the provisions of ORS 688.701 to 688.734.
(2) Issue registrations, including temporary registrations, permits, waivers and other authorizations to practice athletic training as determined by the Board of Athletic Trainers.
(3) Establish and collect fees and charges to carry out its legal responsibilities.
(4) Authorize all necessary disbursements to carry out the provisions of ORS 688.701 to 688.734, including but not limited to payment for necessary supplies, office equipment, books and expenses for the conduct of examinations, payment for legal and investigative services rendered to the agency and such other expenditures as are provided for in ORS 688.701 to 688.734.
(5) Employ inspectors, examiners, special agents, investigators, clerical assistants and accountants as are necessary for the investigation and prosecution of alleged violations and the enforcement of ORS 688.701 to 688.734, and for such other purposes as the agency may require. Nothing in ORS 688.701 to 688.734 shall be construed to prevent assistance being rendered by an employee of the agency in any hearing called by it. However, all obligations for salaries and expenses incurred under ORS 688.701 to 688.734 shall be paid only from the fees accruing to the agency under ORS 688.701 to 688.734.
(6) The agency shall provide the board with such administrative services and employees as the board requires to carry out its duties.
(7) Maintain an accurate record of all proceedings of the board and of all its meetings, receipts and disbursements, fines and orders for violation of ORS 688.701 to 688.734, records for registration to practice athletic training together with the addresses of those registered, and the names of all persons whose registration has been subject to disciplinary action.
(8) Investigate complaints, take disciplinary action, including assessment of civil fines, and provide opportunity for hearing according to ORS 183.745.
(9) Administer oaths, issue notices and subpoenas in the name of the board, enforce subpoenas in the manner authorized by ORS 183.440, hold hearings and perform such other acts as are reasonably necessary to carry out duties of the board granted under ORS 688.701 to 688.734. [1999 c.736 §5; 2001 c.104 §263; 2005 c.648 §18]Section: Previous 688.660 688.665 688.700 688.701 688.705 688.707 688.709 688.715 688.718 688.720 688.724 688.728 688.730 688.734 688.800 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008