As used in ORS 691.405 to 691.585:
(1) “American Dietetic Association” means the national professional organization of dietitians that provides direction and leadership for quality dietetic practice, education and research.
(2) “Board” means the Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians established under ORS 691.485.
(3) “Commission on Dietetic Registration” means the commission on dietetic registration that is a member of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Human Services.
(5) “Dietetics practice” means the integration and application of principles derived from the sciences of nutrition, biochemistry, food, management, physiology and behavioral and social sciences to achieve and maintain the health of people through:
(a) Assessing the nutritional needs of clients;
(b) Establishing priorities, goals and objectives that meet nutritional needs of clients;
(c) Advising and assisting individuals or groups on appropriate nutritional intake by integrating information from a nutritional assessment with information on food and other sources of nutrients and meal preparation; and
(d) Evaluating, making changes in and maintaining appropriate standards of quality in food and nutrition services.
(6) “Licensed dietitian” means a dietitian licensed as provided in ORS 691.435. [1989 c.487 §1; 2001 c.900 §216; 2007 c.71 §225]Section: Previous 691.320 691.330 691.340 691.345 691.350 691.360 691.370 691.405 691.415 691.425 691.435 691.445 691.455 691.465 691.485 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008