(1) The Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians shall issue a license with a duration of not more than two years to each person approved to be licensed. The license shall be prima facie evidence of the right of the person to whom it is issued to represent the person as a licensed dietitian subject to the provisions of ORS 691.405 to 691.585.
(2) Each licensed dietitian shall apply to the board for a renewal of the license at least 30 days before the expiration date. Licenses shall expire on October 31 of odd-numbered years or on such date as may be specified by board rule. Each applicant for renewal shall submit the required fee and present evidence of completion of at least 30 hours of continuing education or present evidence of the minimum continuing education requirements of the American Dietetic Association. Any license that is not renewed by the expiration date shall be automatically suspended. The board may reinstate a suspended license upon payment of a nonrefundable penalty fee and all past unpaid renewal fees.
(3) The license fee shall be one-half the two-year fee if the license is issued for 12 months or less.
(4) A license that has been suspended by reason of nonpayment of fees for a period of two years or more shall be renewed upon reapplication and payment of all applicable fees.
(5) Subject to prior approval of the Oregon Department of Administrative Services and a report to the Emergency Board prior to adopting the fees and charges, the fees and charges established under this section shall not exceed the cost of administering the regulatory program for which the fee or charge is established, as authorized by the Legislative Assembly within the board’s budget to implement ORS 691.405 to 691.585, as the budget may be modified by the Emergency Board. [1989 c.487 §7; 1991 c.77 §1; 1991 c.703 §34; 1993 c.10 §1; 2007 c.768 §52]Section: Previous 691.370 691.405 691.415 691.425 691.435 691.445 691.455 691.465 691.485 691.495 691.505 691.515 691.535 691.545 691.555 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008