The Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians shall:
(1) Hire and prescribe the duties of an executive secretary who shall serve at the direction of the board.
(2) Determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure, renewal of license and reciprocal licenses.
(3) Subject to the provisions of ORS chapter 183, adopt rules that are necessary to conduct its business, carry out its duties and administer ORS 691.405 to 691.585.
(4) Examine, approve, issue, deny, revoke, suspend and renew licenses of dietitian applicants and licensees under ORS 691.405 to 691.585 and conduct hearings in connection with these actions.
(5) Maintain a public record of every dietitian licensed in this state including places of business, residence and the date and number of their license.
(6) Establish standards of professional responsibility and practice for persons licensed under ORS 691.405 to 691.585 that are consistent with those standards of professional responsibility and practice adopted by the American Dietetic Association.
(7) Select a licensing examination offered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration or other examination.
(8) Establish continuing education requirements for renewal of a license consistent with the requirements adopted by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
(9) Establish additional educational requirements for applicants for the previous five years of licensure.
(10) Conduct hearings on complaints concerning violations of ORS 691.405 to 691.585 and the rules adopted under ORS 691.405 to 691.585.
(11) Provide for examinations or waiver of examination for applicants.
(12) Establish examination and licensing fees.
(13) Request and receive the assistance of state educational institutions or other state agencies.
(14) Prepare information of consumer interest describing the regulatory functions of the board and describing the procedures by which consumer complaints are filed with and resolved by the board. The board shall make the information available to the general public and appropriate state agencies. [1989 c.487 §10]Section: Previous 691.425 691.435 691.445 691.455 691.465 691.485 691.495 691.505 691.515 691.535 691.545 691.555 691.565 691.580 691.585 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008