(1) Before an applicant may take the qualifying examination for licensure under ORS 694.015 to 694.185, the applicant must:
(a) Meet the training and experience requirements established by the Oregon Health Licensing Agency by rule;
(b) Meet the training requirements for licensure as an audiologist or for certification of a licensed physician by the American Board of Otolaryngology; or
(c) Meet the requirements for certification by the National Board for Certification in Hearing Instrument Sciences.
(2) An individual seeking to obtain the experience and training specified in subsection (1)(a) of this section necessary to take the examination shall obtain a trainee registration from the agency pursuant to rules adopted by the agency. A trainee registration issued pursuant to this subsection shall allow the holder of the registration to obtain training and experience only under the direct supervision of a hearing aid specialist licensed in the State of Oregon.
(3) Examination of applicants for licensure under ORS 694.015 to 694.185 shall be held at least once each quarter at such times and places as the agency may determine.
(4) Timely and appropriate notice of the time and place of the examination shall be given to each applicant and to each licensed hearing aid specialist supervising a temporary hearing aid specialist pursuant to rules adopted by the agency.
(5) The agency, in consultation with the Advisory Council on Hearing Aids, shall adopt rules establishing standards for examination scope, format, minimum acceptable performance and reexamination qualifications. The examination shall be sufficiently thorough to determine the qualifications, fitness and ability of the applicant to practice as a hearing aid specialist. The examination may be in the form of written, oral or practical demonstration of skills, or a combination of any such types. The examination shall cover at least the subjects listed in ORS 694.075. [1959 c.634 §§5,5a; 1967 c.631 §5; 1985 c.227 §8; 1993 c.133 §4; 1997 c.319 §2; 1999 c.885 §45; 2003 c.547 §79; 2005 c.648 §93]Section: Previous 694.040 694.042 694.045 694.050 694.052 694.055 694.060 694.065 694.070 694.075 694.080 694.085 694.090 694.095 694.100 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008