(1) A person whose rights granted under ORS 746.607 (7), 746.640, 746.645 or 746.650 are violated may apply to the circuit court for the county in which the person resides, or any other court of competent jurisdiction, for appropriate equitable relief if an insurer, insurance producer or insurance-support organization fails to comply with ORS 746.607 (7), 746.640, 746.645 or 746.650.
(2) A licensee or insurance-support organization that discloses information in violation of ORS 746.665 or a health insurer that uses or discloses information in violation of ORS 746.607 (1) or (2) is liable for damages sustained by the individual about whom the information relates. However, an individual is not entitled to a monetary award that exceeds the actual damages sustained by the individual as a result of the violation of ORS 746.607 (1) or (2) or 746.665.
(3) In any action brought pursuant to this section, the court may award the cost of the action and reasonable attorney fees to the prevailing party.
(4) An action under this section must be brought within two years from the date the alleged violation is or should have been discovered.
(5) Except as specifically provided in this section, there shall be no remedy or recovery available to individuals, in law or in equity, for occurrences constituting a violation of any provision of ORS 746.600 to 746.690. [1981 c.649 §18; 1987 c.490 §56; 1995 c.618 §131; 2001 c.377 §28a; 2003 c.87 §18; 2003 c.364 §165a]Section: Previous 746.661 746.662 746.663 746.665 746.668 746.670 746.675 746.680 746.685 746.686 746.687 746.688 746.690 746.990 746.991 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008