This section establishes requirements for an application for vehicle registration in this state. If an applicant fails to comply with requirements under this section, the Department of Transportation may refuse to register or reregister a vehicle until the applicant complies with the requirements. An application shall contain all of the following:
(1) The true name and, except as provided for corrections officers in ORS 802.253, eligible employees in ORS 802.250 or Address Confidentiality Program participants in ORS 192.846, the actual residence or business address of the owner. The department may provide by rule for acceptance of something other than an actual residence or business address if the department determines that the applicant does not have an actual address.
(2) A description of the vehicle, including the name of the make and the vehicle identification number.
(3) An odometer disclosure in a form determined by the department by rule pursuant to ORS 803.120, if a disclosure is otherwise required.
(4) Any other information required by the department.
(5) If the application is for registration or reregistration of a vehicle that is subject to the federal heavy vehicle use tax, proof that the federal use tax has been paid. The department shall adopt rules to determine proof that will be acceptable for purposes of this subsection.
(6) A statement:
(a) That the applicant is domiciled in this state as described in ORS 803.355 if the applicant is required by ORS 803.360 to be domiciled in this state in order to register a vehicle in the state; and
(b) That so long as the vehicle remains registered to the applicant in this state, the applicant will remain domiciled in this state if required to do so in order to register the vehicle.
(7) A statement:
(a) That the vehicle qualifies under ORS 803.360 (2) for registration in this state, if the owner is not domiciled in this state and is not required by ORS 803.200, or any other provision of law, to register the vehicle in this state; and
(b) That so long as the vehicle remains registered to the applicant under the provisions of ORS 803.360 (2), the owner and the vehicle will meet the qualifications of this subsection.
(8) A statement upon initial registration that the applicant is in compliance with financial responsibility requirements for the vehicle and will remain in compliance until the vehicle is transferred. Exemptions from this subsection are established in ORS 806.020.
(9) If the application is for registration or renewal of registration of a motor vehicle by a motor carrier, the information on drug and alcohol testing programs required by ORS 825.410. [1983 c.338 §211; 1985 c.16 §79; 1985 c.251 §18; 1985 c.305 §10; 1985 c.563 §4; 1989 c.695 §3; 1991 c.67 §215; 1991 c.523 §4; 1991 c.873 §15; 1993 c.751 §89; 1999 c.1099 §4; 2005 c.292 §5; 2007 c.542 §18]Section: Previous 803.310 803.315 803.320 803.325 803.350 803.355 803.360 803.370 803.375 803.380 803.385 803.400 803.405 803.410 803.415 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008