(1) The governing body of a county may impose registration fees for vehicles as provided in ORS 801.041.
(2) The governing body of a district may impose registration fees for vehicles as provided in ORS 801.042.
(3) The Department of Transportation shall provide by rule for the administration of laws authorizing county and district registration fees and for the collection of those fees.
(4) Any registration fee imposed under this section shall be imposed in a manner consistent with ORS 803.420.
(5) No county or district may impose a vehicle registration fee that would by itself, or in combination with any other vehicle registration fee imposed under this section, exceed the amount of the fee imposed under ORS 803.420 (1). The owner of any vehicle subject to multiple fees under this section shall be allowed a credit or credits with respect to one or more of such fees so that the total of such fees does not exceed the amount of the fee imposed under ORS 803.420 (1). [1989 c.864 §2]
(Renewal)Section: Previous 803.415 803.417 803.420 803.425 803.430 803.435 803.440 803.445 803.450 803.455 803.460 803.465 803.470 803.473 803.475 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008