(1) A person commits the offense of failure to make a future responsibility filing after an accident if the person is the owner or driver of a vehicle that is in any manner involved in an accident that is required to be reported under ORS 811.720 and the person does not make a future responsibility filing within 30 days after the filing of the accident report required under ORS 811.725.
(2) Exemptions from this section are established under ORS 806.210.
(3) The employer of a driver is subject to the requirements and penalties under this section if the driver is an employee exempted from this section under ORS 806.210. If an employer is subject to this section, the registration of the employer’s vehicles may be suspended as provided under ORS 809.050.
(4) In addition to any other penalties under this section, violation of this section subjects the violator to suspension of driving privileges as provided under ORS 809.415.
(5) The offense described in this section, failure to make a future responsibility filing after an accident, is a Class B traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §855; 1985 c.393 §63; 2003 c.402 §14]Section: Previous 806.140 806.150 806.160 806.170 806.180 806.190 806.195 806.200 806.210 806.220 806.230 806.240 806.245 806.250 806.255 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008