Future responsibility filings required by ORS 806.200, 806.220 or 806.230 or by any other law of this state are subject to all of the following:
(1) The person required to make the filing must file, or have filed for the benefit of the person, proof that meets the requirements of this section and must maintain the proof as long as required under ORS 806.245.
(2) The proof given for a future responsibility filing must be one or more of the following proofs that the person is in compliance with financial responsibility requirements:
(a) A certificate or certificates of insurance that meet the requirements under ORS 806.270.
(b) A valid certificate of self-insurance issued by the Department of Transportation under ORS 806.130.
(3) The owner of a motor vehicle may make a future responsibility filing under this section on behalf of the owner’s employee or a member of the owner’s immediate family or household in lieu of the filing being made by such person. Filing under this subsection permits the person on whose behalf the filing is made to operate only a motor vehicle covered by the proof given in the filing. The department shall endorse restrictions, as appropriate, on any license or driver permit the person holds as the department determines necessary to limit the person’s ability to operate vehicles consistent with this subsection.
(4) At the request of a person who has made a future responsibility filing under this section, the department shall return the proof filed upon the substitution of other adequate proof.
(5) Whenever proof filed under this section no longer meets the requirements of this section, the department shall require the furnishing of other proof for the future responsibility filing. If such other proof is not so furnished, the department shall suspend the driving privileges of the person as provided under ORS 809.415 or, if applicable, any registration as provided under ORS 809.050. [1983 c.338 §859; 1987 c.258 §2; 1995 c.41 §7; 2003 c.14 §466; 2003 c.175 §8; 2003 c.402 §16]Section: Previous 806.180 806.190 806.195 806.200 806.210 806.220 806.230 806.240 806.245 806.250 806.255 806.260 806.270 806.280 806.290 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008