Each of the following is a requirement for turn signals as described:
(1) Turn signals shall be so constructed and located on a vehicle as to give a signal of intention to turn right or left.
(2) The following types of turn signals shall show light in the direction indicated:
(a) Front turn signal lights shall show light to the front of the vehicle.
(b) Rear turn signal lights shall show light to the rear of the vehicle.
(3) The following types of turn signals shall have the color of light indicated:
(a) Front turn signal lights may be white or amber.
(b) Rear turn signal lights may be red, amber or yellow. If the rear turn signal is red, the motor vehicle was manufactured before 1959 and the turn signal is combined with the taillight in a taillight assembly, the assembly may contain an insert as described under ORS 816.080.
(4) Turn signals shall be understandable in normal sunlight and at a distance of 500 feet at night.
(5) Turn signals that are required under ORS 816.320 and 816.330 must be mounted, adjusted and aimed in accordance with the standards adopted by the Department of Transportation.
(6) Turn signals that are required under ORS 816.320 and 816.330 and any part for such turn signals that tends to change the original design or performance must be of a type that complies with standards adopted by the department under ORS 816.010. [1983 c.338 §458 (9); 1985 c.16 §240 (9); 1985 c.69 §1 (9); 1985 c.71 §4 (9); 1985 c.393 §13 (9); 1985 c.420 §6 (9); 1997 c.492 §3; 2003 c.158 §25]Section: Previous 816.050 816.060 816.070 816.080 816.090 816.100 816.110 816.120 816.130 816.140 816.150 816.160 816.170 816.180 816.190 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008