Each of the following is a requirement for marker lights as indicated:
(1) The following types of marker lights shall be placed as indicated:
(a) Forward side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the front.
(b) Intermediate side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the midpoint between the forward side marker lights and the rearward side marker lights.
(c) Rearward side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the rear.
(2) The following are the colors for the indicated type of marker lights:
(a) Rearward side marker lights shall be red.
(b) Forward side marker lights and intermediate side marker lights shall be amber.
(3) Side marker lights may be mounted in combination with clearance lights if illumination is given as required with reference to both.
(4) Marker lights that are required under ORS 816.320 and 816.330 shall be mounted, so far as practicable, in such manner as to reduce the hazard of being obscured by mud or dust thrown by the wheels.
(5) Marker lights shall be capable of being seen and distinguished at a distance of 500 feet directly from that part of the vehicle on which the lights are placed. [1983 c.338 §458 (16); 1985 c.16 §240 (16); 1985 c.69 §1 (16); 1985 c.71 §4 (16); 1985 c.393 §13 (16); 1985 c.420 §6 (16)]Section: Previous 816.120 816.130 816.140 816.150 816.160 816.170 816.180 816.190 816.200 816.210 816.220 816.230 816.240 816.250 816.260 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008