This section establishes exemptions from ORS 818.130. The exemptions under this section are in addition to any under ORS 801.026. Operation in accordance with one of the exemptions described is not subject to ORS 818.130. Exemptions are partial or complete as described in the following:
(1) Posted use limits do not apply on any way, thoroughfare or place owned by a district formed under ORS chapters 545, 547, 551 or a corporation formed under ORS chapter 554.
(2) Posted use limits do not apply on any road or thoroughfare or property in private ownership or any road or thoroughfare, other than a state highway or county road, used pursuant to any agreement with any agency of the United States or with a licensee of such agency or both.
(3) Posted use limits do not apply to any vehicle, combination of vehicles, article, machine or other equipment while being used by the federal government, the State of Oregon or any county or incorporated city in the construction, maintenance or repair of public highways and at the immediate location or site of such construction, maintenance or repair.
(4) Posted use limits do not apply to vehicles while being used on the roads of a road authority by mass transit districts for the purposes authorized under ORS 267.010 to 267.390, provided the use of the vehicles is approved by the road authority for that road.
(5) Operations authorized by a variance permit issued under ORS 818.200 are subject to the terms of the permit. It shall be a defense to any charge of violation of ORS 818.130 if the person so charged produces a variance permit issued under ORS 818.200 authorizing the operation of the vehicle or combination of vehicles issued prior to and valid at the time of the offense. [1983 c.338 §520]Section: Previous 818.080 818.090 818.100 818.105 818.110 818.120 818.130 818.140 818.150 818.160 818.170 818.200 818.205 818.210 818.220 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008