(1) A road authority, or a private contractor authorized by a road authority to do so, may issue a variance permit if it determines the public interests will be served. A variance permit issued under this section may allow any vehicle, combination of vehicles, load article, property, machine or thing to move over any highway or street under the jurisdiction of the road authority without violation of any of the following:
(a) Maximum weight limits under ORS 818.020.
(b) Posted weight limits under ORS 818.040.
(c) Administratively imposed weight or size limits under ORS 818.060.
(d) Maximum size limits under ORS 818.090.
(e) Maximum number of vehicles in combination under ORS 818.110.
(f) Posted limits on use of road under ORS 818.130.
(g) Towing safety requirements under ORS 818.160.
(h) Use of devices without wheels under ORS 815.155.
(i) Use of metal objects on tires under ORS 815.160.
(j) Operation without pneumatic tires under ORS 815.170.
(2) The fee for issuance of a variance permit under this section is the fee established under ORS 818.270. No fee shall be charged for issuance of a permit to the federal government, agencies of the State of Oregon, cities or counties.
(3) A permit issued under this section is subject to all of the provisions under ORS 818.220 and to any limits under ORS 818.210.
(4) Prohibitions and penalties relating to the use of the permit are provided under ORS 818.340 and 818.350.
(5) Violation of the conditions of the permit is subject to civil penalties as provided under ORS 818.410. [1983 c.338 §535; 1995 c.123 §1]Section: Previous 818.110 818.120 818.130 818.140 818.150 818.160 818.170 818.200 818.205 818.210 818.220 818.225 818.230 818.235 818.240 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008