A sifting or leaking load permit is a vehicle permit that is issued as evidence of a grant of authority to operate a vehicle loaded or constructed in a manner that, without the permit, would violate ORS 818.300. Each road authority shall grant permits for its own highways. Permits issued under this section shall comply with all of the following:
(1) Permits shall be in writing.
(2) Permits shall be issued only for the following:
(a) Vehicles transporting food processing plant by-products to be used for livestock feed or fertilizer from which there is fluid leakage.
(b) Vehicles transporting agricultural products from which there is fluid leakage, while the vehicles are en route from the place of harvest to a place where the products will be processed, stored or sold.
(3) Permits shall be issued for a maximum period of one year.
(4) Permits are revocable if the issuing road authority finds that the amount or character of the fluid leakage is such that it constitutes a danger to other vehicles.
(5) The fee for issuance of a sifting or leaking load permit is as provided under ORS 818.270.
(6) No fee shall be charged for issuance of a permit to the federal government, agencies of the State of Oregon, counties or cities. [1983 c.338 §538; 1985 c.179 §1]Section: Previous 818.160 818.170 818.200 818.205 818.210 818.220 818.225 818.230 818.235 818.240 818.250 818.260 818.270 818.300 818.310 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008