(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a subdivision or partition plat designating the location of land in a county in the State of Oregon, offered for record, must include on the face of the plat a surveyor’s certificate, together with the seal and signature of the surveyor having surveyed the land represented on the plat, to the effect that the surveyor has correctly surveyed and marked with proper monuments the lands as represented and has placed a proper monument as provided in ORS 92.060 indicating the initial point of the plat and its location in accordance with ORS 92.060 (1) and accurately describing by metes or bounds, or other description as approved by the county surveyor, the tract of land upon which the lots and blocks or parcels are laid out.
(2) If the person subdividing any land has complied with ORS 92.065 (1), the surveyor may prepare the plat of the subdivision for recording with only the exterior monuments referenced on the subdivision plat as submitted for recording. The subdivision plat shall include a certification of the surveyor that the remaining corners for the subdivision will be monumented on or before a specified date in accordance with ORS 92.060, noting those monuments to be set on or before said specified date on the subdivision plat as approved by the city or county.
(3) After the remaining corners for a subdivision have been monumented as provided in the certificate submitted under subsection (2) of this section, the surveyor performing the work shall:
(a) Within five days after completion of the work, notify the person subdividing the land involved and the county surveyor by whom the subdivision was approved; and
(b) Upon approval of the work under ORS 92.100 by the county surveyor, submit an affidavit for recording stating that the subdivision plat has been correctly surveyed and marked with proper monuments at the remaining corners of the subdivisions as noted on the original subdivision plat. Any monument that cannot be set shall be separately noted and a reference monument shall be set. The affidavit shall be approved by the county surveyor before recording. The surveyor who prepared the affidavit shall cause the affidavit to be recorded in the office of the county recorder where the subdivision plat is recorded. The county clerk shall promptly provide a recorded copy of the affidavit to the county surveyor. The county surveyor shall note the monuments set and the recorder’s information on the county surveyor’s copy of the subdivision plat and any exact copies filed in accordance with ORS 92.120 (3). The original plat may not be corrected or changed after it is recorded with the county clerk.
(4) The county surveyor approving the work pursuant to subsection (3) of this section shall reference the approval upon the subdivision plat and tracings previously recorded. A city surveyor approving the work under ORS 92.100 (1) shall reference that surveyor’s approval on the affidavit required under this section prior to approval by the county surveyor.
(5) Notwithstanding ORS 209.250, the surveyor who prepared the subdivision or partition plat may reestablish plat monuments within two years of plat recordation without filing a map of the survey as required under ORS 209.250. The surveyor reestablishing any plat monuments shall prepare an affidavit stating that the reestablished corners of the subdivision or partition plat have been correctly surveyed and marked with proper monuments as required under ORS 92.060. The affidavit shall be approved by the county surveyor prior to recordation of the affidavit with the county clerk. The surveyor who prepared the affidavit shall file the affidavit with the county clerk for the county where the subdivision or partition plat is recorded. The county clerk shall promptly provide a certified copy of the recorded affidavit to the surveyor. The county surveyor shall indicate the reestablished monuments on the county surveyor’s copy of the plat of the subdivision or partition and any copies of the plat filed under ORS 92.120 (3). The original plat may not be corrected or changed after it is recorded with the county clerk. The county shall charge a fee for recording the affidavit in the county clerk’s office and the county surveyor’s office. The fee shall be established by the governing body of the county and shall be paid to the county surveyor. [Amended by 1973 c.696 §13; 1983 c.309 §6; 1989 c.772 §11; 1991 c.763 §13; 1995 c.382 §7; 1997 c.489 §4; 1999 c.1018 §5; 2001 c.173 §1; 2005 c.399 §8]Section: Previous 92.044 92.046 92.048 92.050 92.055 92.060 92.065 92.070 92.075 92.080 92.090 92.095 92.097 92.100 92.102 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008