Sec. 39.309. TEXAS SCHOOL ACCOUNTABILITY DASHBOARD. (a) The agency shall develop and maintain an Internet website, separate from the agency's Internet website, to be known as the Texas School Accountability Dashboard for the public to access school district and campus accountability information.
(b) The commissioner shall adopt, for use on the Texas School Accountability Dashboard, a performance index in each of the following areas:
(1) student achievement;
(2) student progress;
(3) closing performance gaps; and
(4) postsecondary readiness.
(c) The Texas School Accountability Dashboard developed under Subsection (a) must include:
(1) performance information for each school district and campus in areas specified by Subsection (b) and must allow for comparison between districts and campuses in each of the areas;
(2) a comparison of the number of students enrolled in each school district, including:
(A) the percentage of students of limited English proficiency, as defined by Section 29.052;
(B) the percentage of students who are unschooled asylees or refugees, as defined by Section 39.027(a-1);
(C) the percentage of students who are educationally disadvantaged; and
(D) the percentage of students with disabilities;
(3) a comparison of performance information for each district and campus disaggregated by race, ethnicity, and populations served by special programs, including special education, bilingual education, and special language programs; and
(4) a comparison of performance information by subject area.
Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 211 (H.B. 5), Sec. 58, eff. June 10, 2013.
Last modified: September 28, 2016