Texas Family Code § 157.110 Forfeiture Of Security For Failure To Comply With Order

Sec. 157.110. FORFEITURE OF SECURITY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ORDER. (a) On the motion of a person or entity for whose benefit a bond has been executed or security deposited, the court may forfeit all or part of the bond or security deposit on a finding that the person who furnished the bond or security:

(1) has violated the court order for possession of and access to a child; or

(2) failed to make child support payments.

(b) The court shall order the registry to pay the funds from a forfeited bond or security deposit to the obligee or person or entity entitled to receive child support payments in an amount that does not exceed the child support arrearages or, in the case of possession of or access to a child, to the person entitled to possession or access.

(c) The court may order that all or part of the forfeited amount be applied to pay attorney's fees and costs incurred by the person or entity bringing the motion for contempt or motion for forfeiture.

Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 20, Sec. 1, eff. April 20, 1995.

Section: Previous  157.103  157.104  157.105  157.106  157.107  157.108  157.109  157.110  157.111  157.112  157.113  157.114  157.115  157.161  157.162  Next

Last modified: September 28, 2016