Sec. 2269.353. CONTRACTS FOR CIVIL WORKS PROJECTS: DESIGN-BUILD. (a) A governmental entity may use the design-build method for the construction, rehabilitation, alteration, or repair of a civil works project. In using this method and in entering into a contract for the services of a design-build firm, the contracting governmental entity and the design-build firm shall follow the procedures provided by this subchapter.
(b) A contract for a project under this subchapter may cover only a single integrated project. A governmental entity may not enter into a contract for aggregated projects at multiple locations. For purposes of this subsection:
(1) if a metropolitan transit authority created under Chapter 451, Transportation Code, enters into a contract for a project involving a linear transit project with multiple stops along the project route for boarding passengers, created under Chapter 451, Transportation Code, the linear transit project is a single integrated project; and
(2) a water treatment plant, including a desalination plant, that includes treatment facilities, well fields, and pipelines is a single integrated project.
(c) A governmental entity shall use the following criteria as a minimum basis for determining the circumstances under which the design-build method is appropriate for a project:
(1) the extent to which the entity can adequately define the project requirements;
(2) the time constraints for the delivery of the project;
(3) the ability to ensure that a competitive procurement can be held; and
(4) the capability of the entity to manage and oversee the project, including the availability of experienced personnel or outside consultants who are familiar with the design-build method of project delivery.
(d) Repealed by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1127 (H.B. 1050), Sec. 11, eff. September 1, 2013.
Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1129 (H.B. 628), Sec. 2.08, eff. September 1, 2011.
Redesignated from Government Code, Chapter 2267 by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 161 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 22.001(23), eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 161 (S.B. 1093), Sec. 22.002(13), eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1127 (H.B. 1050), Sec. 3, eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1127 (H.B. 1050), Sec. 11, eff. September 1, 2013.Section: Previous 2269.307 2269.308 2269.309 2269.310 2269.311 2269.351 2269.352 2269.353 2269.354 2269.355 2269.356 2269.357 2269.358 2269.359 2269.360 Next
Last modified: September 28, 2016