* 877. Office of business permits. 1. There is hereby created in the executive department an office of business permits. The head of the office shall be the director of business permits who shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate, and who shall hold office at the pleasure of the governor.
2. The director shall devote his whole time and capacity to his duties as director. He shall receive an annual salary to be fixed by the governor within the amount made available therefor by appropriation and shall be allowed his actual and necessary expenses in the performance of his duties.
3. The director shall direct the work of the office and shall be the chief executive officer of the office. The director may appoint such officers and employees as he may deem necessary, prescribe their duties, fix their compensation, and provide for the reimbursement of their expenses, all within amounts made available therefor by appropriation.
4. The director shall report to the secretary to the governor on the activities of the office to ensure their consistency with the overall economic development policies of the state.
5. The secretary to the governor, working with state agency heads concerned with economic affairs shall assure that the activities of the office are fully coordinated with related activities of state agencies providing related services.
* NB Authority of office terminated per 893 December 31, 1995
Last modified: February 3, 2019