The Commissioner shall have authority to administer the cost sharing provisions of this Article, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Prescribe the manner and requirements of making application for cost sharing funds.
(2) Identify those approved forestry practices as defined in G.S. 106-1012(2) which shall be approved for cost sharing under the provisions of this Article.
(3) Review periodically the cost of forest development practices and establish allowable ranges for cost sharing purposes for approved practices under varying conditions throughout the State.
(4) Determine, prior to approving forest development cost sharing payments to any landowner, that all proposed practices are appropriate and are comparable in cost to the prevailing cost of those practices in the general area in which the land is located. Should the Commissioner determine that the submitted cost of any practice is excessive, he shall approve forest development cost sharing payments based upon an allowable cost established under G.S. 106-1014(3).
(5) Determine, prior to approving forest development cost sharing payments, that an approved forest management plan as defined in G.S. 106-1012(1) for the eligible land has been filed with the Commissioner and that the landowner has indicated in writing his intent to comply with the terms of such management plan.
(6) Determine, prior to approving forest development cost sharing payments, that the approved practices for which payment is requested have been completed in a satisfactory manner, conform to the approved forest management plan submitted under G.S. 106-1014(5), and otherwise meet the requirements of this Article.
(7) Disburse from the Forest Development Fund to eligible landowners cost sharing payments for satisfactory completion of practices provided for by this Article and the Commissioner shall, insofar as is practicable, disburse the funds from the State's appropriation on a matching basis with the funds generated by the Primary Forest Product Assessment. (1977, c. 562, s. 5; 2011-145, s. 13.25(gg), (hh).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014