After a consolidation is effected under ORS 199.705 to 199.795, there shall be preserved and continued, to at least the same extent as they exist at the time immediately before the city-county comes into existence, the employment status and pension and other benefit rights of the employees of the consolidating, merging or extinguished governmental units, including, but not limited to:
(1) Rights, privileges and benefits, including pensions and pension rights and benefits existing under collective bargaining agreements or otherwise.
(2) Collective bargaining rights.
(3) Protection of individual employees against a worsening of their positions with respect to their employment.
(4) Employment of persons employed immediately prior to the time the city-county comes into existence by the units.
(5) Priority, as of the time immediately before the city-county comes into existence, of reemployment of employees of the units who have previously been laid off or had their employment terminated.
(6) Paid training or retraining programs for any employee of a unit whose position or job is eliminated by the consolidation, merger or extinction, or by any subsequent administrative reorganization in the city-county. [1971 c.731 §14; 1973 c.745 §5]Section: Previous 199.743 199.745 199.750 199.753 199.755 199.760 199.765 199.770 199.775 199.777 199.780 199.783 199.785 199.787 199.790 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008