The sheriff is the chief executive officer and conservator of the peace of the county. In the execution of the office of sheriff, it is the sheriff’s duty to:
(1) Arrest and commit to prison all persons who break the peace, or attempt to break it, and all persons guilty of public offenses.
(2) Defend the county against those who, by riot or otherwise, endanger the public peace or safety.
(3) Execute the process and orders of the courts of justice or of judicial officers, when delivered to the sheriff for that purpose, according to law.
(4) Execute all warrants delivered to the sheriff for that purpose by other public officers, according to law.
(5) Attend, upon call, the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Oregon Tax Court, circuit court, justice court or county court held within the county, and to obey its lawful orders or directions. [Amended by 1985 c.339 §1]Section: 206.010 206.015 206.020 206.030 206.040 206.050 206.060 206.070 206.080 206.090 206.100 206.110 206.120 206.130 206.140 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008