(1) If the electors of an affected area wish to withdraw from a district, they may file a petition for withdrawal with the district board at the times and in the manner provided for in this section. However, if the formation of the district was initiated under ORS 267.107, the petition for withdrawal may not include any area within the urban growth boundary described in ORS 267.114.
(2) A petition for withdrawal under this section may be filed only during the period from January 1 to August 30 in calendar year 2001 and in every fifth calendar year thereafter.
(3) A petition for withdrawal under this section shall be signed by not less than 15 percent of the electors registered in the affected area described in the petition.
(4) A petition filed under this section shall contain substantially the following:
(a) A statement that the petition is filed pursuant to ORS 267.250 to 267.263;
(b) The names of the district and all affected counties; and
(c) A request that proceedings be commenced for the withdrawal of the affected area from the district.
(5) There shall be attached to the petition a map which clearly and precisely shows the exterior boundaries of the affected area by reference to prominent landmarks such as streets, highways, rivers or the boundaries of cities and counties. The map shall be used in lieu of a metes and bounds or legal description of the affected area.
(6) The district board, within five days after receiving a petition filed under this section which conforms to the requirements of this section, shall file the petition with the county clerk of each county in which any part of the affected area is located for signature verification. [1987 c.799 §3; 1999 c.444 §4; 1999 c.454 §4]Section: Previous 267.227 267.230 267.235 267.237 267.240 267.245 267.250 267.253 267.255 267.257 267.260 267.263 267.265 267.300 267.302 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008