(1) As its primary duty, the Oregon Economic and Community Development Commission shall develop and maintain an economic and community development policy for this state that implements the strategy declared in ORS 285A.020 (3).
(2) The commission shall provide oversight and direction to the Economic and Community Development Department in carrying out the duties and creating policies to further the economic strategy set forth in ORS 285A.020. In addition, the commission may perform any other duty vested in the commission by law.
(3) The commission shall keep complete and accurate records of all the meetings, transactions and business of the commission at the office of the Economic and Community Development Department.
(4) When a power, duty or function is vested in the commission, the commission may designate department officers, agents, employees or committee members to exercise the power, duty or function of the commission. When the commission designates a person in writing to exercise a power, duty or function of the commission, the person may exercise the power, duty or function.
(5) In carrying out its duties under subsection (1) of this section, the commission shall coordinate its activities with federal, state and local agencies, community partners and regions, when appropriate. [Formerly 285.011; 1999 c.509 §4; 2001 c.174 §1; 2001 c.419 §7; 2001 c.883 §1c; 2007 c.804 §4]Section: Previous 285A.010 285A.020 285A.040 285A.045 285A.050 285A.055 285A.060 285A.070 285A.075 285A.080 285A.085 285A.090 285A.095 285A.100 285A.105 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008