(1) There is created a Pay Equity Adjustment Fund. Any moneys appropriated for pay equity adjustment purposes shall be applied as a first priority to compensation adjustments for the most undervalued jobs in the lowest salary ranges.
(2) For the biennium beginning July 1, 1987, the pay equity adjustment priority described in this section shall include all classes and class series which are 15 percent or more below the male payline of December 1985 and begin at a rate equal to or less than Standard Salary Range 19 of the Executive Department Unrepresented Compensation Plan in effect on July 1, 1986. The Oregon Department of Administrative Services shall determine corresponding equivalent salary ranges for the compensation plans applicable to the legislative and judicial branches of government.
(3) The distribution of funds to each employee bargaining unit and unrepresented employees by this section shall be determined by collective bargaining agreement or by compensation plan in accordance with the priority described in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) Pay equity wage adjustments authorized by ORS 240.190 and 292.951 to 292.971 shall be in addition to any general salary adjustments authorized by the Legislative Assembly.
(5) No employee shall have wages decreased as a result of implementation of this section.
(6) The appropriate legislative body shall review the distribution process described in subsection (3) of this section prior to the expenditure of funds appropriated or authorized by ORS 240.190 and 292.951 to 292.971. [1987 c.772 §5]
Note: See note under 292.951.Section: Previous 292.915 292.917 292.920 292.930 292.935 292.940 292.945 292.950 292.951 292.956 292.961 292.966 292.971 292.975 292.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008