To be eligible for funding, a districtís application shall include the following:
(1) A description of a process to formulate and adopt district and individual school building educational goals so that such goals reflect input from a wide range of citizens in the community.
(2) A description of how the district will formulate and use indexes of teaching and learning conditions to measure progress according to those goals. The indexes of teaching and learning conditions may include, but are not limited to, such indicators as:
(a) Class size and teaching loads;
(b) A profile of the teaching and administrative personnel, including such characteristics as years of experience, rate of turnover and absenteeism;
(c) The frequency and nature of teacher misassignments;
(d) The socioeconomic status of the community;
(e) The ability and willingness of a school district to provide financial support for the schools;
(f) Measures of student progress as measured on school district or state assessments, or both;
(g) Attendance and drop out rates;
(h) Student conduct and disciplinary actions;
(i) Measures of student success in professional, college and other post-secondary programs; and
(j) Student expectations and attitudes toward learning.
(3) A description of how the proposed program will address the identified needs for professional growth and career opportunities of teachers in the district.
(4) Certification by the school district that none of the moneys received through ORS 329.675 to 329.745 and 329.788 to 329.820 shall be used to replace expenditures for existing programs for professional growth and career opportunities.
(5) A description of how the district will evaluate the effectiveness of its School Improvement and Professional Development grant, using educational goals and an index of teaching and learning conditions.Section: Previous 329.700 329.704 329.705 329.709 329.709 329.710 329.715 329.715 329.720 329.725 329.730 329.735 329.735 329.740 329.745 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008