(1) There is established an Energy Facility Siting Council to be located within the Oregon Department of Administrative Services and consisting of seven public members, who shall be appointed by the Governor, subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 and 171.565.
(2) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor whose term begins on July 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment but no member shall serve more than two full terms. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) No member of the council shall be an employee, director or retired employee or director of or a consultant to or have any pecuniary interest, other than an incidental interest which is disclosed and made a matter of public record at the time of the appointment to the council, in any corporation or utility operating or interested in establishing an energy facility in this state or in any manufacturer of related equipment.
(4) No member shall for two years after the expiration of the term of the member accept employment with any owner or operator of any energy facility that is subject to ORS 469.300 to 469.563, 469.590 to 469.619, 469.930 and 469.992.
(5) Employment of a person in violation of this section shall be grounds for revocation of any license issued by this state or any agency thereof and held by the owner or operator of the energy facility that employs such person. [Formerly 453.435; 1995 c.551 §12]Section: Previous 469.420 469.421 469.430 469.440 469.441 469.442 469.445 469.450 469.460 469.470 469.480 469.490 469.500 469.501 469.503 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008