(1) The Department of Consumer and Business Services shall:
(a) Check the authenticity, appropriateness and expiration dates of licenses issued under ORS 479.510 to 479.945.
(b) Inspect electrical installations and products for which a permit or license is required by ORS 479.510 to 479.945.
(c) Inspect permits attached to electrical installations or products for which a permit is required by ORS 479.510 to 479.945.
(2) If the department finds that the electrical installation or product fails to comply with minimum safety standards or electrical product safety standards, the department may disconnect or order the disconnection of service thereto.
(3) If the department finds that the condition of an electrical installation or product constitutes an immediate hazard to life or property, the department may cut or disconnect any wire necessary to remove such hazard or take corrective action as provided by rules adopted under ORS 479.730.
(4) Upon written request of appropriate municipal personnel, the department may make inspections of electrical installations and products within cities and counties. Such inspections shall be made at cost, in accordance with local municipal ordinances, payable on a monthly basis.
(5) For the purpose of discharging any duty imposed by ORS 479.510 to 479.945 and 479.995 or exercising authority conferred hereby the department may enter, during reasonable hours, any building, enclosure, or upon any premises where electrical work is in progress, where an electrical installation has been made or where electrical equipment or products may be located.
(6) A person may not obstruct or interfere with the department in performance of any of the departmentís duties or the exercise of any authority conferred under this section. [1959 c.406 §§24,25; 1973 c.834 §37; 1981 c.815 §3; 2003 c.14 §330; 2003 c.299 §7]Section: Previous 479.730 479.740 479.760 479.770 479.800 479.810 479.815 479.820 479.830 479.835 479.840 479.845 479.850 479.853 479.854 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008