For the purposes of ORS 479.870 and 479.905 to 479.945, except where the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Class A limited energy technician” means a person licensed to install, alter and repair all limited energy systems.
(2) “Class B limited energy technician” means a person licensed to install, alter and repair all limited energy systems that do not include protective signaling, including but not limited to:
(c) Boiler controls;
(d) Intercom and paging systems;
(e) Clock systems;
(f) Data telecommunication installations; and
(3) “HVAC” means thermostat and associated control wiring of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. “HVAC” does not include boiler controls.
(4) “Limited energy electrical activity” means installation, alteration, maintenance, replacement or repair of electrical wiring and electrical products that do not exceed 100 volt-amperes in Class 2 and Class 3 installations, or that do not exceed 300 volt-amperes for landscape low voltage lighting systems that are cord connected to a ground fault circuit interrupter receptacle, under the electrical specialty code and the Low-Rise Residential Dwelling Code.
(5) “Protective signaling” includes fire alarm, nurse call, burglar alarm, security and voice evacuation systems and other systems that are part of a fire or life safety system. [1991 c.529 §3; 1999 c.519 §1; 2001 c.728 §4; 2003 c.675 §45]Section: Previous 479.845 479.850 479.853 479.854 479.855 479.860 479.870 479.905 479.910 479.915 479.920 479.930 479.940 479.943 479.945 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008