(1) If a document delivered to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing satisfies the requirements of ORS 554.005, the Secretary of State shall file it.
(2) The Secretary of State files a document by indicating thereon that it has been filed by the Secretary of State and the date of filing. After filing a document, except for the annual report, the Secretary of State shall return an acknowledgment of filing to the corporation or its representative.
(3) If the Secretary of State refuses to file a document the Secretary of State shall return it to the corporation or its representative within 10 business days after the document was delivered together with a brief written explanation of the reason for the refusal.
(4) The Secretary of State’s duty to file documents under this section is ministerial and is limited in scope of review as set out by rule of the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State is not required to verify or inquire into the legality or truth of any matter included in any document delivered to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing. The Secretary of State’s filing or refusing to file a document does not:
(a) Affect the validity or invalidity of the document in whole or part; or
(b) Relate to the correctness or incorrectness of information contained in the document.
(5) The Secretary of State’s refusal to file a document does not create a presumption that the document is invalid or that information contained in the document is incorrect. [1987 c.94 §141; 1999 c.486 §20]Section: Previous 554.005 554.007 554.009 554.010 554.012 554.015 554.016 554.017 554.018 554.019 554.020 554.030 554.040 554.050 554.060 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008