As used in ORS 671.010 to 671.220, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Architect” means an individual qualified and licensed to practice architecture under ORS 671.010 to 671.220.
(2) “Board” means the State Board of Architect Examiners.
(3) “Building” means any structure consisting of foundations, floors, walls and roof, having footings, columns, posts, girders, beams, joists, rafters, bearing partitions, or a combination of any number of these parts, with or without other parts or appurtenances thereto.
(4) “Consulting architect” means a person who is licensed by a jurisdiction in the United States or Canada to use the title of “Architect” and engage in the unlimited practice of architecture and who is not subject to practice restrictions as the result of disciplinary action by any architect licensing board.
(5) “Foreign architect” means a person who is licensed by a country other than the United States or Canada to use the title of “Architect” and engage in the unlimited practice of architecture and who is not subject to practice restrictions as a result of disciplinary action by the architect licensing board issuing the license.
(6) “Practice of architecture” means the planning, designing or supervising of the erection, enlargement or alteration of any building or of any appurtenance thereto other than exempted buildings.
(7) “Registered professional engineer” means a person defined in ORS 672.002 and described in ORS 672.002 to 672.325.
(8) “State Building Code” means the State of Oregon Structural Specialty Code and Fire and Life Safety Code. [Amended by 1957 c.408 §1; 1961 c.585 §1; 1977 c.803 §1; 2003 c.763 §1]Section: 671.010 671.020 671.025 671.030 671.040 671.041 671.045 671.047 671.050 671.060 671.065 671.070 671.080 671.085 671.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008