(1) Any person applying for a license or permit required under the laws of this state or the ordinances of any jurisdiction in which the person proposes to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove or convert a building shall submit an original or reproduction of the plans and specifications for the work proposed. The plans and specifications shall bear the stamp of a registered architect, or of a registered professional engineer, where the services of a registered architect or of a registered professional engineer are required by the provisions of ORS 671.010 to 671.220, and shall be drawn to scale with sufficient clarity to indicate the nature and extent of the work proposed and that the work proposed conforms to ORS 671.010 to 671.220, State Building Code and to any other applicable laws and ordinances.
(2) The plans and specifications shall bear identification which shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) The project name and location;
(b) The name, address and telephone number of the person responsible for the preparation of the documents;
(c) The name, address and telephone number of the owner; and
(d) The date the documents were issued.
(3) Each jurisdiction which requires the issuance of a permit as a condition precedent to the construction, alteration, improvement or repair of any building or structure shall require the signature and registration stamp on the plans and specifications from a person allowed under the provisions of this section to prepare the plans and specifications.
(4) The registration stamp and signature on the plans and specifications of a person registered under this section to prepare the plans and specifications shall constitute compliance with this section.
(5) The provisions under this section shall not apply to the issuance of permits where the preparation of plans and specifications for the construction, alteration, improvement or repair of a building or structure is exempt from the provisions of this section except that the person preparing the plans and specifications for others shall be so identified. [1961 c.585 §3; 1977 c.803 §3; 1991 c.910 §1]Section: Previous 671.010 671.020 671.025 671.030 671.040 671.041 671.045 671.047 671.050 671.060 671.065 671.070 671.080 671.085 671.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008