(1) In order to safeguard health, safety and welfare and to eliminate unnecessary loss and waste in this state, a person may not practice the profession of architecture or assume or use the title of “Architect” or any title, sign, cards or device indicating, or tending to indicate, that the person is practicing architecture or is an architect or represent in any manner that the person is an architect, without first qualifying before the State Board of Architect Examiners and obtaining a certificate of registration as provided by ORS 671.010 to 671.220.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a consulting architect may practice the profession of architecture if the consulting architect:
(a) Is affiliated with a board-certified architect who is in responsible charge of all aspects of the architectural services provided; and
(b) Uses the designation of “Consulting Architect, in consultation with,” followed by the name of the Oregon architect described in paragraph (a) of this subsection and the name of the architectural firm.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, a foreign architect may practice architecture if:
(a) The foreign architect is affiliated with a board-certified architect who is in responsible charge of all aspects of the architectural services provided;
(b) The foreign architect uses the designation of “Foreign Architect, in consultation with,” followed by the name of the Oregon architect described in paragraph (a) of this subsection and the name of the architectural firm; and
(c) The board determines that the jurisdiction in which the foreign architect is licensed has adequate education and training standards. The board, by rule, may recognize agreements between a national certification organization and the foreign jurisdiction as proof of education and training standards.
(4) A person may not practice or attempt to practice the profession of architecture, or assume the title of “Architect,” “Consulting architect” or “Foreign architect,” or use in connection with the business of the person any words, letters or figures indicating the title of “Architect,” “Consulting architect” or “Foreign architect” without first complying with ORS 671.010 to 671.220.
(5) Every registered architect shall, upon registration, obtain a stamp of the design authorized by the board, bearing the name of the registrant and the legend “Registered Architect, State of Oregon.” All drawings and the title page of all specifications intended for use as construction documents in the practice of architecture must bear the stamp of a registered architect and be signed by the architect. The stamp and signature constitute certification that the architect has exercised the requisite professional judgment about and made the decisions upon all matters embodied within those construction documents, that the documents were prepared either by the architect or under the direct control and supervision of the architect and that the architect accepts responsibility for them.
(6) A licensed architect shall pursue the profession under the architect’s own name only, as it appears in the architect’s license, except as provided by ORS 671.041. [Amended by 1955 c.407 §1; 1957 c.408 §2; 1961 c.585 §4; 1971 c.587 §1; 1977 c.803 §2; 1979 c.354 §1; 2003 c.763 §2]Section: Previous 671.010 671.020 671.025 671.030 671.040 671.041 671.045 671.047 671.050 671.060 671.065 671.070 671.080 671.085 671.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008