(1) The Oregon Medical Board shall adopt by rule a scope of practice for emergency medical technicians at such levels as may be established by the Department of Human Services and for first responders.
(2) The board shall adopt by rule standards for the qualifications and responsibilities of supervising physicians.
(3) The standing orders for emergency medical technicians and first responders may not exceed the scope of practice defined by the board.
(4) No emergency medical technician shall provide patient care or treatment without written authorization and standing orders from a supervising physician who has been approved by the board.
(5) The policies and procedures for applying and enforcing this section may be delegated in whole or in part to the department. [Formerly 823.205; 1997 c.751 §9]Section: Previous 682.212 682.215 682.216 682.220 682.224 682.225 682.235 682.245 682.255 682.265 682.275 682.285 682.295 682.305 682.315 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008