§ 5911. Amendment of articles authorized.
(a) General rule.--A nonprofit corporation, in the manner provided in this subchapter, may amend its articles for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To adopt a new name, subject to the restrictions provided in this subpart.
(2) To modify any provision of the articles relating to its term of existence.
(3) To change, add to or diminish its purposes or to set forth different or additional purposes.
(4) To restate the articles in their entirety.
(5) To make any and as many other changes as desired.
(b) Exceptions.--An amendment adopted under this section shall not amend articles in such a way that as so amended they would not be authorized by this subpart as original articles of incorporation except that:
(1) Restated articles shall, subject to section 109 (relating to name of commercial registered office provider in lieu of registered address), state the address of the current instead of the initial registered office of the corporation in this Commonwealth and need not state the names and addresses of the incorporators.
(2) The corporation shall not be required to revise any other provision of its articles if the provision is valid and operative immediately prior to the filing of the amendment in the department.
(July 9, 2013, P.L.476, No.67, eff. 60 days)Section: Previous 5901 5902 5903 5904 5905 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5921 5922 5923 Next
Last modified: October 8, 2016