§ 28C.18.040. Director's duties
(1) The director shall serve as chief executive officer of the board who shall administer the provisions of this chapter, employ such personnel as may be necessary to implement the purposes of this chapter, and utilize staff of existing operating agencies to the fullest extent possible.
(2) The director shall not be the chair of the board.
(3) Subject to the approval of the board, the director shall appoint necessary deputy and assistant directors and other staff who shall be exempt from the provisions of chapter 41.06 RCW. The director's appointees shall serve at the director's pleasure on such terms and conditions as the director determines but subject to chapter 42.52 RCW.
(4) The director shall appoint and employ such other employees as may be required for the proper discharge of the functions of the board.
(5) The director shall, as permissible under P.L. 101-392, as amended, integrate the staff of the council on vocational education, and contract with the state board for community and technical colleges for assistance for adult basic skills and literacy policy development and planning as required by P.L. 100-297, as amended.
[1994 c 154 § 307; 1991 c 238 § 5.]
Parts and captions not law -- Effective date -- Severability -- 1994 c 154: See RCW 42.52.902, 42.52.904, and 42.52.905.
Last modified: April 7, 2009