(a) The following agencies are designated voter registration agencies:
(1) the administrative component of the Department of Administration that administers motor vehicle and driver's license laws;
(2) divisions of the Department of Health and Social Services that provide public assistance through the food stamp program, Medicaid program, Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), and Alaska temporary assistance program;
(3) the division of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development that is responsible for municipal and regional assistance programs; and
(4) all recruitment offices of the armed forces of the United States located in Alaska.
(b) The director shall designate state-funded agencies that primarily provide services to persons with disabilities as voter registration agencies.
(c) The director may designate other state or local agencies as voter registration agencies. The director may designate a federal or nongovernmental office as a voter registration agency with the agreement of that office.
(d) A voter registration agency shall distribute voter registration materials, assist applicants in completing voter registration forms, and accept and transmit completed voter registration forms to the director in accordance with regulations adopted by the director to comply with 42 U.S.C. 1973gg (National Voter Registration Act of 1993) and other requirements of federal law.
(e) The director shall enter into an agreement with the Department of Administration and the Department of Revenue to match identifying information provided by a voter who initially registers by mail or by facsimile or other electronic transmission approved by the director under AS 15.07.050 with existing identification records
(1) maintained by the administrative component of the Department of Administration that administers motor vehicle and driver's license laws and by the administrative component of the Department of Revenue that administers the permanent fund dividend laws; and
(2) bearing the same identifying number, name, and date of birth provided on the registration.Section: Previous 15.07.010 15.07.020 15.07.030 15.07.040 15.07.050 15.07.055 15.07.060 15.07.064 15.07.065 15.07.070 15.07.075 15.07.080 15.07.081 15.07.090 15.07.100 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016